- Rocío Isabelle Alagón (2020): Video incl. flowering Solanum bukasovii plant at "Waqrapukara", over 4140m altitude near Cusco (PER).
- Robinson, R.A. (2004): The Amateur Potato Breeder’s Manual
- Organic potatoes: BioImpuls project description, breeding (both in Dutch) and in english. Examples of trading companies: Bonna Terra , Bioselect /Agrico .
- Some books: the Potato (1999), the Potato (2003, Dutch version 2005).
- Exhibition the Mystery of Dundee (in Dutch) in October 2016 on potato hunters (Aardappeljagers) based on the archive of CPC, Dundee.
Potato on YouTube (a very small selection)
- Cartoon on the history of the potato by Claus Deleuran: “The Tale of the Wonderful Potato".
- Potatobusiness Newsletter (at the bottom of the home page)
- Kew's Samara newsletter on Millenium Seed Bank. Individual issues downloadable as PDF.
- extensive list of events maintained by PotatoPro
- Promising late blight resistant potatoes (3R-gene stack: RB, vnt1.1 & blb2) from CIP.
Food / Crop Wild Relatives
- Atlas Obscura 2020: Ancient cultivation of wild potato Solanum jamesii in Utah.
- BBC travel 2020: How the humble potato changed the world.
- CIP: potato farming success in Kenia because of Decentralized Seed Multipliers (DSMs).
- CIP 20190107: Jim Brandeen on role (potato) CWR and food security
- Crop Trust 20200903: Potato diversity leads to economic gain in Uganda. Cost of CIP genebank (incl. potato) less than a tenth of the gross economic benefits derived from a single improved variety in one country.
- The Guardian 2019: How Peru’s potato museum could stave off world food crisis
- Stuff 20210707: They might look like small, purple potatoes, but taewa are so much more. The passing of crops through generations of Māori led to the unique varieties of taewa, maintaining most of the original traits, from when they first arrived in Aotearoa in NZ. The potatoes come in every shape, and a multitude of colours.
- The Saxon 20210627: 10 surprising facts about McD fries
- CIP blog: 10 ways to enhance Andean agrobiodiversity during COVID-19 and climate change
- Ancient history encyclopedia: Fertile Crescent, birthplace of agriculture.
- Plant Humanities Lab: cultural histories of plants and their influence on human societies (incl. e.g. banana, cacao, sunflower, watermelon).
- Bloomberg 20180413: Climate change is messing with your dinner.
- Foodtank: the future of food
- Food Forever 20191223: How the diversity of our foods can help feed us in a changing world. Solutions summit.
- NYT 20181205: Can we grow more food on less land? We'll have to ...
- IFPRI blog: Innovations in food systems, key to human and planetary health.
- The Guardian 20180323: Destruction of nature as dangerous as climate change.
- Kew’s Millennium Seed Bank (MSB) 20180628: the value of the seeds stored (for conservation and research).
- Monograph (Särkinen et al 2018): A revision of the Old World Black Nightshades
- C. Khoury et al. 2019: Crop wild relatives of North America published (Vol 1 & Vol 2).